Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Endurance, Mastery and Light, are the themes I am working with for this new piece I have been working on while I have been traveling here in China. All three themes are very dear to me as I have been on this journey of recovery from the things I have been through over the last few years. The Ship is Mastery, (reference Invictus poem) The candle light and knowledge that I have received from God, and the turtle, endurance with the idea of enduring to the end of my life, and enduring it well, discovering the man that I want to be and the man that God wants me to be and joining the 2 together. The style inspiration for this new piece is from this white charcoal drawing by Kris Kuski, I want to put lots of detail into this piece. I'm drawing it on my iPad and I will try to update this post every day with progress shots.

No comments: